Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Is Radio Dead?

Not quite dead, but it's sure on life-support. We've lost most of the local programming that created the healthy radio environment back in the 1950's, 60's and 70's. From one of my favorite bloggers, some appropriate thoughts on what radio WAS.


“TV gives everyone an image, but radio gives birth to a million images in a million brains.”



...I read an interesting op ed piece in the paper today. It was about the demise of radio and was, ironically, in a paper on its last legs. Both are victims of technology. I can't begin to imagine a morning without the paper or a ride in the car without the radio. They have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Getting a radio was a rite of passage when I was a kid. I still remember my first one, the brown leather cased radio with the holes. I've mentioned it before. It was [...]



Tags: ,


Ads by AdGenta.com


Powered by Qumana


0 comments:

Post a Comment