Friday, October 09, 2009

Food for the future

I'm seriously thinking that moving as much as possible toward being a locavore is where we're headed in this household. What's a "locavore?" Basically, it's somebody who buys as much food, as possible, from local sources. We've long been fans of the Little Rock and North Little Rock Farmers' Markets, but we're now seeing the emergence of sources that will offer products throughout the year, not just during the growing months.

Reason to become a locavore
Here's the scenario: with a coupon for $1.00 off a bag of Dole lettuce, I ran into my friendly, neighborhood, Kroger store on the way home one night this week. With the produce area directly ahead, I started scanning the horizon for the section of the department that usually held the Dole products. Whoa! What's that? I'm staring at [...]
Technorati Tags: , ,

blog comments powered by Disqus