Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tuesday? Really?

I'm still hobbling back to the reality that it's the second of December already.  The holiday last week completely destroyed my internal calendar.  Checking the printed one, hanging on the refrigerator, I can confirm that the weekend is over, we managed to get through Monday, and Tuesday is here.  Actually, since I'm running at slow speed this morning, Tuesday is almost halfway finished.  That is not a good thing, considering the list of things I hope to accomplish today this afternoon.  So, with that in mind, here's a morsel for your noontime reading.  It falls into the category of "you didn't think this would really come to trial, did you?"

Judge dismisses indictments against Cheney and Gonzales.

Yesterday, a Texas judge dismissed indictments brought against Vice President Dick Cheney and former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales. Willacy County District Attorney Juan Angel Guerra had accused the two men of holding responsibility for prisoner abuse at privately-run federal prisons in the county. “I suggest on behalf of the law that you not present any [...]

0 comments:

Post a Comment