Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmas Music

Back in my early internet days, I spent a lot of time on GEnie.  How many of you remember that system?  I think it stood for General Electric News, Information and Entertainment. (UPDATE: I was close on the name. A little research turned up THIS)  I helped moderate the journalism forum until the entire system folded.  One of the posters offered yearly compilations of unusual Christmas music.  All you had to do was mail him a cassette tape, he'd copy the music and send it back to you.  This, of course, was in the dark ages - before mp3's.
Stumbling around the 'net today, I came across a site with some interesting samples, much like the old cassettes I still have packed away somewhere. So, if you're in the mood for some Christmas tunes, the type of stuff that you won't hear on the radio, just CLICK HERE and start exploring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment