Friday, August 31, 2007

The Holiday Weekend Is Here

Don't look for an abundance of posts for a few days.  We're dogsitting for our son and his wife this weekend.  That means a house full of pups and, most likely, not a lot of free time to plow through bloglines.  By the way, bloglines has a pretty nifty new beta you can play with at beta.bloglines.com. I'm bouncing back and forth between it and the old version.  The major issue I have with the new ajax version is a small technical thing - when I copy and paste a headline from bloglines into Qumana, the headline font supersizes.  So, I either have to manually change that or stick with the old version of bloglines.  If I solve one thing this weekend, that's my target. 


To start things off this Friday evening (which, by the way, is just a tad bit cooler around here than has been the norm for the past several weeks. This is a good thing.) I'm cherry-picking a couple of posts from the venerable AMERICAblog.  I really respect and admire the folks who thoughtfully post on issues over there.  It's a great one to add to your bloglines and stay updated. And, I sense that what would have been considered a radical leftist position have become much more mainstream in the past couple of years...


CNN's host Glenn Beck says New Orleans should not be rebuilt



Okay, Jonathan Kaplan and CNN, make up your mind about New Orleans [...]



As expected, Petraeus sees progress -- just like Bush



No need to wait for the official report. Nope. Petraeus already has his talking points down: "The U.S. troop surge in Iraq has thrown al Qaeda off balance and led to a reduction in [...]



P.S. - At the request of a couple of regular readers, I've change the number of posts on the first page, so it should load faster.  However, that means you'll usually need to click the "older posts" link at the bottom of the page to get to more of the current posts.  Don't be afraid to do that!  I'm putting ten posts on the first page now, instead of three days worth of posts. And there are frequently more than ten posts on any given day...thus, you'll need to click the "more posts" link.  Let me know if it's too much of a hassle. Oh, yeah.  As long as we're chatting, don't forget the "comments"...feel free to use 'em. 


Tags: , , , ,




Powered by Qumana


0 comments:

Post a Comment