Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Empathy

But the blogosphere ain't buying it.  First Lady Laura Bush was on the Today Show this morning.  The money quote from the interview has angered many.


Suffering? How DARE you, Laura.



"No one suffers more than their President and I do"?  Are you that vain and self centered, Laura?  Have you been dipping into the pills again?  Do you have ANY idea how it feels to lose a child?  A spouse?  A parent?  A limb?  To watch death and destruction every single day?  Up close? Do you live with PTSD?  Do you get whatever medical care you need whenever you need it?  Do you have flashbacks of narrowly dodging bullets or IEDs?  Have you seen a friend killed right [...]



Oh, my.  These comments are not going to just "go away".


The ‘burden of worry’



December: “I must tell you, I’m sleeping a lot better than people would assume,” [the president] said. This morning: NBC: Do you know the American people are suffering? Laura Bush: Oh, I know that very much. And believe me, no one sufferers more than their president and I do when we watch this. And certainly the Commander in [...]




Tags: ,



Powered by Qumana


0 comments:

Post a Comment