Sunday, February 08, 2009

Just A Little Music, Please

In my younger (much younger) days, I was a honest-to-goodness, real, disc jockey.  That's right, I cued up 45 rpm records on big, heavy, turntables and talked over the instrumental introduction, right up until the lyrics started. I stumbled upon this tune just now and realized I haven't heard it for a LONG time.  I'm guessing that's because it wasn't by a big-name group and probably didn't spend much time in the "Top 10" (if at all). It's just one of those quirky tunes that get's in your head and I'll be humming it the rest of the day. There's an embedded audio file on the link plus you can download an mp3 file.  If you REALLY want to get into the back-story on the song, check out the YouTube version below. The "info" link on that site has the original lyrics for the song - much more into drugs and social activism.  Not to mention a much darker ending. Consider yourself educated for today!

Back When My Hair was Short: Gunhill Road

 Now, the YouTube version:

 






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment