Friday, January 23, 2009

Finally Friday

It must have been the inauguration. Yeah. That's it. The inauguration. It threw me off my timetable this week. But, finally, Friday is here. My inaugural batch of homebrew Pale Ale goes in the refrigerator today and it's time to start the second batch, blonde ale.  And, I need to start digging into the textbooks for the three courses I'm taking online to finish my BLS degree from the University of Iowa. Yes, when I was offered the chance to move to a full-time radio/TV position, I took it. And dropped my final seven hours at UI. Not a smart move, I know. 30-some years later, I'm committed to wrapping things up, although the textbooks are a bit daunting!

I'm also committed to taking some breaks to pass along interesting bits and pieces from the blogosphere!

State Department staffers compare Rice to Wicked Witch of the West.

Reporting on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s introductory speech at the State Department this morning, Harper’s Scott Horton notes that last week several career State Department staffers compared former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz: "I met last week with a number of career State [...]

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/dougkrile

0 comments:

Post a Comment