Thursday, September 25, 2008

Late Today

I'm a bit late to the blogging table today.  Seems AT&T managed to mess up my DSL account. Again. All I wanted to do was port my old home number over to a VoIP service and make my DSL standalone.  In the process I ended up losing the old phone number, having two DSL drops to the house, worked with them last weekend to figure out which account was active, was told to throw away one of the bills, then last night the service disappeared. I figured it had something to do with an account error and my suspicions were confirmed today.  I will give them credit for response. I was on the phone with them at 7 this morning.  The tech person I talked with promised me a return call after the appropriate office openned.  My cell rang about 8:45 and they ran some more tests. They assured me a tech person would get to me, probably this afternoon.  About 10:30, tech guy calls and says he'll be here in 20 minutes.  Took him two hours to wade through the situation, but finally figured out the problem and got me back up and running.  Had it not been for the fast response today, I was headed to pick up a cable modem. But, it's been a rough six weeks of canceled appointments, misinformation and overall confusion over what I've since been told should have been a very simple project.

Big day in politics.  Obama and McCain get summoned to the White House to talk with the President. Topic: Economic Bailout plan. And the McCain/Palin ticket continues to take lots of heat in the blogosphere:

A hero's arrogance

I've written before about how John McCain has his staff and his own campaign Web site refer to him as a "great hero." I've always thought hero status was something others called you (people you don't pay), not something you call yourself. Now fast forward to John McCain's decision not to let Sarah Palin do interviews or press conferences. In today's Washington Post, Howie Kurtz reports that  [...]

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment