Friday, September 14, 2007

The Definition of Patriotism

It is always best when it comes from the heart and soul, not from laws and regulations.  This is simply a marvelous post.  Please note that it comes from a very Conservative blog.  When I like 'em, I pass 'em along.  No matter which side of the fence they come from...


A Simple Bit Of Beautiful Americana Not Likely To Be Remembered By Anyone But Me



Last night - in the wind, drizzle and 40 degree temperatures - I attended my six-year-old daughter’s soccer game at the local soccer complex.  This complex is located on “north hill” in my home town.  There are few trees on “north hill,” either at the complex or, really, anywhere between there and Canada.  To say that the area is exposed to the raw elements of the weather is understatement. But the parents in my community are mostly good parents who wouldn’t dream of missing a soccer game even if arctic winter gear were required.  So I was in that crowd of parents huddled under jackets and blankets watching our herd of kids chase a ball around the field when [...]



Tags: ,


Powered by Qumana


0 comments:

Post a Comment