Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'd Hate To Be...

I'd hate to be an elected Democrat, headed home for the holiday weekend.  I don't think many are going to be welcomed with open arms and warm smiles.  Not after this week's Iraq Supplemental debacle.  Steve Soto has a great post up at The Left Coaster, summarizing all that's been mismanaged and mishandled..


A Failed Democratic Strategy Got Us Here



Let me summarize my complaints against the funding bill and how this turned out. As I have said previously, my complaint starts with the position that the Democrats should never have gotten themselves backed up against the Memorial Day phony deadline in the first place. Reid and Pelosi made several attempts early in the session to move a bill that would express congressional sentiment for a change in course, and both times the GOP caucuses in each house opted for continuing the autopilot war. At that point, in early February, Reid and Pelosi should have [...]



More thoughts, via Big Tent Democrat:


On Iraq: Something In The Beltway Water [TalkLeft]



Via Stoller, and Matt, it is good to see you back in first rate form, this story adds to my theory that there is something in the water in DC: "Democrats said this week they would have jeopardized their fall bargaining position if they had insisted on keeping withdrawal timelines in the current supplemental spending bill (HR 2206). Persisting now would [...]




Tags: , ,



0 comments:

Post a Comment