Friday, April 27, 2007

Tough (and Rapid) Response

I'm seriously impressed that the Democratic Caucus thought Broder's column yesterday was outrageous enough to fire back.  So they did.  Make no mistake, they don't agree with him.


Democratic Caucus Puts Smackdown on David Broder



Back in the 1980s when I was in college studying journalism, economics and politics, I really admired the political writing of David Broder -- of course, I also thought Madonna looked drop-dead sexy in that wedding-dress get-up, so what the hell did I know? It's sad to say, but intellectually speaking, Broder's time has clearly come and gone. And you need look no further than his silly, bizarre attack yesterday on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, in which he said that the gutsy Reid is a problem for the Democratic party and described his short tenure as the Senate's leader as an [...]


Tags: , ,



0 comments:

Post a Comment